Dr. Bloch is dedicated and enthusiastic to teach people new ways of working with their body to reduce pain, increase body awareness and enhance positive wellbeing no matter what your yoga-experience level or current state of health.
Medical health begins with preventive factors and yoga is an exciting healthful activity that shifts one towards prevention-based health. While we tend to think of the best advances in medicine as things that are new, high-tech, expensive and with the ability to heal disease, we cannot deny the power of yoga for true healthcare that prevents as well as reverses chronic disease states.
Yogi’s Choice Health Care is a great place for people wanting to expand their current yoga practices or become introduced to a new one. Dr. Bloch’s personal style of yoga emphasizes mindfully simple yet powerful movements oriented to integrate proper body mechanics to ensure optimum health and comfort during your practice.
Dr. Bloch is a 700-hr registered yoga teacher and comfortable teaching and advising throughout many styles of yoga from vinyasa to lunar flow, restorative, yin and meditation.
One-on-one yoga sessions are prefect for:
- First time yoga practitioners
- Those returning to the practice after injury or for other reason
- Experienced yogis seeking more ease
- Greater protection of body and joints
- Alleviating chronic pain felt during asana
BENEFITS OF HAVING A YOGA PRACTICE:
- Improved brain function
- Lower stress-related
- Improved lung function
- Lower blood sugar
Within a few weeks…
- Increased flexibility
- Better posture
- Enhanced metabolic gene expression suchh as improved insulin sensitivity and reverse hepatasteatotosis
- Lower levels of stress hormone cortisol
After a few months…
- Healthier hemostasis of metabolic syndrome
- Improved blood pressure
- Improved sexual function
- Decreased chronic pain
- Better sense of balance through permanent neuromuscular reprograming
- Increased lubrication of the joints, ligaments and tendons
- Improved strength and core strength
- Anxiety relief
- Heightened brain chemistry that combats depression
- Greater sense of community
After a year or more….
- Stronger bones and increased bone density
- Healthier weight and fat-to-muscle ratios
- Lower risk of heart disease
LECTURES & EDUCATION:
Maybe your YTT, workshop or retreat seeks the best medical insight? Dr. Bloch’s specific educational background allows him to draw from many areas including anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, immunology, embryology, environmental or integrative medicine, etc.